2017 will be an exciting year for The Paxton Theatre and The Paxton Theatre Foundation. After 3 years of renovation, experimentation and preparation this year’s schedule is jam packed with what you asked for; quality, community based shows, plays, concerts, workshops, presentations, vintage movies, youth theatre camp and presentation of Shrek The Musical.
None of this would be possible without the energy and actions of very capable individuals;
Jeff and Jenna Horick, Jim Bristley, Mary Washburn, Wade Hamilton, Brent Young, Madison Hatfield, and Mitch Gall, to name a few. The fact is that “it takes a village” and the village is responding.
Among the directors of The Paxton Theatre Foundation are David Scott, facilities director for Ohio University-Chillicothe. Bob Brown, former manager of Ohio Means Jobs at the Fayette County campus of Southern State Community College. We welcome Stephanie Mcdonald as new secretary for the Foundation board. Stephanie came home to Bainbridge after a career in education . Stephanie is enthusiastic about the future and revitalization of Bainbridge and the Paint Valley. Maggie Horst, former director and a longtime government affairs representative, also served as secretary for the foundation. The board thanks Maggie for her service.
Our key measures of success in 2016:
-Approximately 420 individual volunteers performed on stage or helped on a production.
– In 2016 The Foundation paid 113 individual performers, contractors and staff.
Thank you for your support of the Paxton. Here’s to another great year of the performing arts!
How can you Help? Thanks for asking! Here’s how:
- Volunteer! Go HERE and fill out the volunteer questionnaire.
- Rent the beautiful Paxton Theatre for your upcoming community or private event by clicking HERE.
- Audition for Jamboree Sings, plays, musicals and other live events HERE.
- Sponsor a show and or activity of your choice to advertise your company by contacting us HERE.
- Donate to the Paxton Theatre 501c3 Foundation or sponsor a child at our youth theatre camp HERE.
Regarding Tax Information; The Paxton Theatre Foundation, EIN 47-2936846, “is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code”. No benefit can be bestowed upon any donor in exchange for this contribution…other than the joy of giving to an organization that supports community based performing arts.